Thread Rating:
  • 583 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Page 1: Downloading and installing
06-16-2011, 11:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2011, 11:28 AM by ashimo.)
Page 1: Downloading and installing
Try 0: Installing the Curl Development Environment

Begin by installing Curl IDE. If you already have the Curl IDE or Curl/Pro IDE installed on your machine, please skip to STEP 3, which is located at the bottom of this page.

Download Curl IDE

Download the Curl IDE by selecting the following link: Curl Download. After you select your operating system of Windows or Linux, you will see the following screen displayed:

At this time you must complete the information form. At this time, you can also review the system requirements.

Install Curl IDE

1. The Curl IDE installer will launch. The dialog box shown in Figure 2 appears. Click "OK" to proceed. The installer will install the Curl Runtime Environment (RTE) before it installs the Curl IDE.

2. The dialog box shown in Figure 0-3 appears. Select a destination location (the default is recommended) and click "Install".

3. After the Curl RTE installation, the installer will install Curl IDE in the destination folder.

4. After the Curl IDE installation, your system will be configured. Please wait for the next screen.

5. Finally, when everything is complete, the dialog box shown in Figure 0-6 appears. Click “Finish.”

Create a Shortcut for Starting IDE

Starting the Curl IDE is much easier if you create a shortcut on your desktop. Follow the steps below to create a shortcut on your Desktop.

Note that you can always start Curl IDE by selecting start and then All Programs > Curl IDE > Curl IDE
08-08-2012, 02:24 AM,
RE: Page 1: Downloading and installing
I've download version 7x of rte. I encounter the following error:

"Could not move C:\Program Files\Curl Corporation\Surge\8-new to C:\Program Files\Curl Corporation\Surge\8. Click OK to retry or click Cancel to abort".

What's the problem here?
I've used Windows 7 and version is .msi file
(I installed version 5x and 6x successfully, they were .exe file)

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Page 4: Understanding Curl ashimo 0 4,277 06-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Last Post: ashimo
  Page 3: Setting up the debug options ashimo 0 3,626 06-16-2011, 11:57 AM
  Page 2: Setting up the privilege settings ashimo 0 3,993 06-16-2011, 11:50 AM