Thread Rating:
  • 413 Vote(s) - 2.81 Average
Sonntag MVC without strings or name
08-05-2011, 06:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2011, 11:53 AM by RobertShiplett.)
Sonntag MVC without strings or name
I have a strong sense that we should not have used Visual "name" property as the Sonntag key

I would suggest that name is just too useful when inspecting a layout.

From my experience, the use of a string such as "content" or "clear" in the example code is already problematic. We have a lot of content and things that may not be clear in comments.

I have built an alternative (the project is from the Linux IDE, not eclipse) which exposes no strings in the code.

You can go to one place to inspect all messsages, another for all commands, another for all graphical tags. I think that a case can be made that in the Sonntag framework a Graphic class should have a set of tags. Perhaps the actual tags should be integers which map to meaningful tag names.

The one exception is the use of an identifier with a name matching the action in the macro

{define-macro public
{define-screen-command
?name:identifier
|| rs: uses name.name Prefer to construct the Identifier using a token

When the above is passed an expression ScrnCommand.cmd-indentifier as the "name", any change can be made in one place for any one feature. I hope we will consider this minor macro alteration, if only to allow either an identifier or an expression.

Please find the zip attached for Sonntag-Event-Bus-3.zip

MVC never had a gentle slope - Curl should always have it. In this version everything is known by its name. As a test, you might search the project for the string "clear".

Comments and constructive criticism are most welcome. i post it here as it is the only forum for which I have permission.
Of course somethings are a matter of taste ...

Attached Files
.zip   Sonntag-event-bus-3.zip (Size: 48.47 KB / Downloads: 615)
Robert Shiplett, Curlr
Fredericton NB

Canada

Messages In This Thread
Sonntag MVC without strings or name - by RobertShiplett - 08-05-2011, 06:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sonntag で別画面(Screen)のイベントを呼ぶ umemura 2 4,048 08-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Last Post: RobertShiplett
  Sonntag でCommand を呼び出す umemura 4 4,128 08-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: fukuta