Thread Rating:
  • 341 Vote(s) - 2.81 Average
key-hash-proc for Set-of
07-16-2012, 02:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2012, 02:47 AM by RobertShiplett.)
key-hash-proc for Set-of
I have had no success setting key-hash-proc and key-equality-proc for a {Set-of } even when predefining as constants as per the docs for ChartDataSeriesSet

Is there a known issue?

The compiler reports that Applet already defines key-hash-proc or complans that the proc passed is not a compile-time constant.

The docs contain no working example of a set of user-defined instances using declared hash and equal? as described in the {Set of } docs

A reply would be much appreciated as I should be able to use {difference } and {intersection } to handle my sets efficiently.

thanks in advance for any assistance ...

Contrary to the Doc's

This Type is simply a convenient shorthand for:

{Set-of
ChartDataSeries,
key-hash-proc = ChartDataSeries.hash,
key-equality-proc = ChartDataSeries.equal?
}

THAT CODE GIVES ERROR Argument [proc ChartDataSeries.hash] to Set-of is not an immutable value

It is in fact required to use a {define-proc } wrapper as a work-around, is it not ?

Robert Shiplett, Curlr
Fredericton NB

Canada
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM,
RE: key-hash-proc for Set-of
It does look like class proc's do not work for parametrized class parameters, even though I would expect them to work. As you say, putting the code in a top level define-proc (not inside a define-class) will let that work, as would wrapping the call to the class proc in a local {proc}.

07-24-2012, 09:12 PM,
Hi

Is there any chance of fixing the '#' anchor behavior for Curl links ?

At the moment it almost prevents Curl applets at height=100% in HTML as the navigation is crippled unless a link is left exposed in HTML.

thanks

Robert

Robert Shiplett, Curlr
Fredericton NB

Canada
07-28-2012, 12:39 PM,
Another work around is to call the function before using it in the parameterized type expression, that seems to get it to be converted into a proper proc.