Thread Rating:
  • 362 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Control content background
04-27-2012, 09:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 09:18 PM by RobertShiplett.)
Control content background
If you look at the little app
http://www.aule-browser.com/kanji/henshall-kanji.curl

you can see that the control panel for a RecordForm with a RecordView has a field whose background will be that of the user's desktop settings - on Windows I use a pale yellow for the background of windows, so that is what I get in the record counter (you can see this in Windows by changing your desktop theme for a moment ... it is very common on Ubuntu laptops to have a non-white theme and it will be more so once we leave behind back-lit screens ...) In my struggle to master Japanese, I often run pages white on black or gold on indigo. Android users may often do this ... ?

Even if it makes sense for this to be a user desktop default, we should let designers override it more easily that can be done now. A user running white text on black backgrounds for visual handicap will not see that record counter.

Can we do this for Windows 8 ?
Robert Shiplett, Curlr
Fredericton NB

Canada

Messages In This Thread
Control content background - by RobertShiplett - 04-27-2012, 09:10 PM
RE: Control content background - by tdeng - 05-16-2012, 10:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad How to embedded windows media player control to applet or detach applet hungncv 1 2,941 02-09-2014, 02:19 AM
Last Post: wbardwell