Thread Rating:
  • 362 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
Control content background
04-27-2012, 09:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-27-2012, 09:18 PM by RobertShiplett.)
Control content background
If you look at the little app
http://www.aule-browser.com/kanji/henshall-kanji.curl

you can see that the control panel for a RecordForm with a RecordView has a field whose background will be that of the user's desktop settings - on Windows I use a pale yellow for the background of windows, so that is what I get in the record counter (you can see this in Windows by changing your desktop theme for a moment ... it is very common on Ubuntu laptops to have a non-white theme and it will be more so once we leave behind back-lit screens ...) In my struggle to master Japanese, I often run pages white on black or gold on indigo. Android users may often do this ... ?

Even if it makes sense for this to be a user desktop default, we should let designers override it more easily that can be done now. A user running white text on black backgrounds for visual handicap will not see that record counter.

Can we do this for Windows 8 ?
Robert Shiplett, Curlr
Fredericton NB

Canada
05-16-2012, 10:54 AM,
RE: Control content background
Did you have a look at our styled controls? Most of your expectations could be implemented with styled controls, I guess .
If there is anything you want but not there, please let us know. Thanks!
05-28-2012, 12:40 AM,
RE: Control content background
(05-16-2012, 10:54 AM)tdeng Wrote: Did you have a look at our styled controls? Most of your expectations could be implemented with styled controls, I guess .
If there is anything you want but not there, please let us know. Thanks!

As I recall, the styled controls also have this issue ( or had it in 7.0 ) at least on Windows.

I will go check with Mike Gordon's tool under 8.0

Robert

Robert Shiplett, Curlr
Fredericton NB

Canada

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad How to embedded windows media player control to applet or detach applet hungncv 1 2,941 02-09-2014, 02:19 AM
Last Post: wbardwell